During our Christmas-Culinary-Event, we received a lot of creative bear-themed desserts. Many thanks to all participants! For the production of HeidelBÄR cookies, we even received the recipe and step-by-step instructions with pictures. Of course, we don’t want to hide these from you.
Ingredients for the HeidelBÄR-Cookies:
- 300g flour
- 200g butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- If needed 1-2 tbsp. cold water
- Sieve the icing sugar.
- Quickly knead all the ingredients except the cocoa and water with a mixer.
- Then knead the dough into a ball with your hands.
- Divide the dough in half, add the cocoa to one half and knead again. If necessary, use 1 tbsp cold water to knead.
- Flatten the balls between cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- Flour the work surface and roll out both doughs to the same thickness.
- Cut out the cocoa dough with a large circle cutter and the light dough with a small circle cutter.
- Place two small light dough circles behind the large cocoa dough circle and a small light dough circle on top of the cocoa dough circle to reveal the ears and mouth.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and carefully rearrange the cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top/bottom heat and bake the cookies for about 10 minutes until the light-coloured dough is golden brown around the edges.
- Leave the cookies to cool completely and then paint the eyes and mouth with white and black food colouring.
- Store in a tin so that they do not draw moisture.
We wish you lots of fun while baking and enjoy it.